Our Chapter's Annual Events
- Taste of Diversity - Biggest event of the Fall semester and the highlight of DPhiL Week. Consists of performances from on-campus, as well as Athens and Atlanta-based, cultural groups. Authentic Asian food is served from different nations and a pageant is held to crown "Mr. Diversity". Click here to read an article about our 2013 Taste of Diversity.
- Philanthropy Week “The 3 C’s” - Held during Spring semester, Philanthropy Week usually consists of an educational seminar, a fundraising event, and annual Osteoporosis Fair. The fair is the biggest event of the week where nutrition experts from the University Health Center educate the campus about osteoporosis.
- Fundraising Events - Many funds towards our Philanthropic events are generated through our semi-annual Thai Tea Sales, Cupcake Cones & Lemonade Sales, and Bake Sales. Funds are also gained through our Percentage Nights at participating Athens restaurants.
- Programs and Seminars - Typically in collaboration with other organizations on campus, our semi-annual Programs focus on prevalent social issues. Some educational program topics include Domestic Violence, Credit Scores and Loans, and Alcohol Awareness. Click here to read an article about one of our seminars.
- Recruitment Events - Click here to learn more about our recruitment events, which are held every semester.
Past Event Flyers
Every year, Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. holds two national events, Convention and Midyear, which are usually hosted by an active or associate chapter. Convention (hosted during the Fall) and Midyear (hosted during the Spring) allow sisters to convene in the hosting chapter's city in order to partake in leadership seminars and celebrate our sisterhood. For sisters, this is an opportunity to meet and connect with each other from across the nation, exchange ideas about the sorority, and discuss issues affecting our sorority and community today.
This year's Convention XVI was hosted in St. Louis, MO from Aug. 5 to Aug. 7.
Individual Sister's Events
- ECAASU (East Coast Asian-American Student Union)
- SERCAAL (Southeast Regional Conference of Asian-American Leaders)
- Southeast APIA (Asian/Pacific Islander American) Unity Mixer
- GILC (Global Internet Liberty Campaign)
- GCLC (Georgia Collegiate Leadership Conference)
- SEGLS (South-Eastern Global Leadership Summit)
© 2018 UGA Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.